"Another goal of many homosexual activists and their allies is to have you and your peers accept or participate in homosexual behavior...Unlike the Day of Silence, the Day of Truth does not include activities that are likely to disrupt classes or other school activities... We believe the Truth should be spoken in a respective and non-disruptive way, and to see those who are tempted by or even trapped in homosexual behavior as Christ sees them..." (http://www.dayoftruth.org/docs/dayoftr
Today is the day after Day of Silence, known by opponents of homosexuals as the Day of Truth, (http://www.dayoftruth.org).
As can clearly be seen on their site, their “Truth” is a bunch of lies. Here is a portion of the real truth, to counter their lies:
Research has proven that homosexuality does not only transpire in humans; it occurs in the animal kingdom as well. Penguins, orangutans, warthogs, fruit bats, chaffinches, and grizzly bears for instance, have shown signs of homosexuality, as have marine mammals such as the bottlenose dolphin.
“The lives of male Bottlenose Dolphins are characterized by extensive bisexuality, combined with periods of exclusive homosexuality,” writes Bruce Bagemihl, who spent ten years researching wildlife before writing Biological Exuberance. (http://www.donshewey.com/1999_zine/bio
Here is more of the truth:
“In a recent study, individuals were first tested to ascertain a level of homophobia or, on the other end, lack of a fear. Then these same individuals were shown both "straight" and "gay" pornography. The individuals who rated most homophobic were also rated most sexually aroused by the gay pornography” (Adams).
"Is Homophobia Associated With Homosexual Arousal?" by Henry E. Adams, Ph.D., Lester W. Wright, Jr., Ph.D. and Bethany A. Lohr, University of Georgia, in Journal of Abnormal Psychology, Vol. 105, No. 3, pp 440-445.
The following list covers the most common “therapies” which have been used by psychotherapists attempting to suppress homosexual feelings in gays and lesbians.
• Lesbians had their breasts amputated.
• Lesbians had their perfectly healthy uteri removed.
• Male gays were given aversion therapy; e.g. clients were shown pictures of naked men and simultaneously shocked with electricity.
• Brain surgery in the form of frontal lobotomies.
• Counseling and psychotherapy.
• Drug therapy: e.g. animal-organ extracts, cocaine, estrogen, testosterone.
• Positive therapy: e.g. men were asked to masturbate and then were shown pictures of women just before orgasm.
• Therapy by tedium: men were shown homoerotic pictures until they became totally bored.
• Prayer and spiritual counseling.
• During the Nazi regime in Germany, Hitler attempted to "cure" gays by requiring them to visit the camp brothel at Flossenburg. "Ten Ravensbruck women provided the services with little success. The women [were later]...shipped to Auschwitz."
• During the recent apartheid regime in South Africa, gays and lesbians were considered deviants. They were sent to a special ward of a military hospital to be "rehabilitated." This involved electric shock treatments and chemical castration. Those who could not be "cured" were given sex-change operations. A number of "patients" died.
Of the remedies listed above, only 0.1% have been successful in “curing” homosexual feelings, though they have been much more successful in suppressing homosexual behaviors (http://www.religioustolerance.org/hom_
If you wish to see an end to the hatred, fear, and violence felt by many of the GLBT community, feel free to pass this on, in its entirety, to others.